Want to be a mentor? (For Mentors)
Our foundation is actively looking for mentors. Scholarship recipients are university students (2nd year and above) who are studying in Bosnia & Herzegovina. We welcome mentors from a diverse range of professional backgrounds and geographic locations to provide the best possible mentoring for our students.
Eligibility to be a mentor?
To become a mentor for the BH Futures Foundation you must have at least 3 years professional experience with a proven track record of excellence in your profession. You must have a background in engineering (any), technology, ICT/ computing, management, innovation/entrepreneurship or science. Speak English and/or Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian.
SIGN UP TO BE A MENTOR
Email us your CV/Resume, full contact details, location and linkedin profile to email@example.com
Want to be mentored? (For Students)
If you are a student and want to be mentored by one of our professionals you can apply by send the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV/Resume (Example)
- Minute-Me Video (Guidelines) (Example)
- Linkedin profile (Example)
- Professional portrait photo (Example)
Please note that the above submission should be an email with reference to a Google drive containing (CV/Resume, MinuteMe Video, Linkedin profile and a professional portrait photo).
Please note: Your grade average is not the main selection criteria. However, preference will be given to students with an average of 7+.
The BH Futures Foundation believes that mentoring is the key to a successful career and an essential component in developing future leaders. The education and professional experience of our diaspora provides unprecedented value to the youth of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Become a mentor today and help us make a difference.
Some reasons to mentor
Mentoring benefits the foundation, the mentee and the mentor by fostering high levels of engagement. As each mentee-mentor relationship is different, each individual in the program will experience unique benefits. Although many people believe that mentees gain the most from a mentoring relationship, mentors have a lot to gain as well.
- You have the potential to change a young person’s life.
- It will get you to stop thinking about yourself all the time.
- It will help you stay hip and keep up with the times.
- You are helping build a better, more stable society.
- You may end up with more than just a mentee — but a new member of your family.
- The life you end up changing could be your own.
- Exposure to emerging talent pool of youth
- Satisfaction from imparting wisdom on others
Student preparation & matching
Prior to entering the mentorship program all of our students go through orientation and preparation. The first stage of the process is recognizing student’s talents and affinities. This is assessed and further enhanced by our volunteers and staff. We attempt to understand the students through observation and their previous work, goals and dreams. During the process, our foundation classifies students into groups, based on their knowledge, ambitions, affinities etc. This stage is critical so that we can optimise and select an ideal mentor for each student in the program.
Frequently asked questions
- How much time needs to be committed in the mentoring program? You should dedicate a minimum of 1 hour a month (online or face to face) with you mentee
- What is my mentee is not making contact or being engaging? Please notify the foundation immediately and we will try to resolve the issue.
- How long should I mentor the mentee? The length of the program is typically 8-12 months. However, you may create a lifelong friend and mentoring may continue beyond the program.
- Do I have to be in the same country as the mentee? No. In actual fact, one of the primary goals of our mentoring program is to provide a global perspective for our students and give them as much diversity from the mentorship program. Your meetings can take place online and if the opportunity arises then also face to face.
- What platform should be used to communicate online? It is important that this agreement be made between you and your mentee during the introductory email phase. We encourage you to make the online meetings as reflective of a real life situation as possible. This means using audio & video. Some platforms we prefer include: Google Hangout, Zoom, Skype, Viber, Whatsap.
BH FUTURES FOUNDATION SINCERELY THANKS ALL OF THE MENTORS FROM THE FOLLOWING ORGANISATIONS