Bosnia & Herzegovina Futures Foundation Scholarship Application & Information
The Bosnia & Herzegovina Futures Foundation is determined to provide education and technology access to students currently studying or commencing undergraduate studies in any field of engineering, manufacturing, computer sciences or information technology. We do this by providing life-changing scholarships. The types of scholarships we provide are constantly evolving to meet the needs of students. They are not just about financial rewards, focusing instead on the different kinds of support and encouragement that individual students need.
PLEASE NOTE: OUR FOUNDATION DOES NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS OUTSIDE OF THE DESIGNATED PERIODS DATES
Typically we help students from disadvantaged backgrounds to cover the extra ‘costs’ of schooling and mentoring support they need to succeed. We also provide opportunities for hard working students to extend their talents and pursue their aspirations with local and international volunteering, work experience and jobs.
The Bosnia & Herzegovina Futures Foundation offers its prestigious 12 month financial support scholarship several times throughout the year. The scholarship offers the following:
- Financial award - The foundation awards a stipend of 1,800 BAM (~ 1,300 AUD, 970 USD, 920 Euro), paid out in 2 x 900 BAM (per semester of schooling) to cover the student's entire tuiton fees for 12 moths at a public university in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Expert career, technical and leadership mentoring matched to meet your needs - Along with financial support the foundation through its vast network of professionals will match the student with an industry expert who will provide guidance and career advice
- Opportunity to gain 3 months of summer (July-Sep) local and/or international work experience - The foundation will provide opportunities of employment within and outside of BiH for students who demonstrate outstanding results and committment towards their studies.
- Opportunity to attend local and international conference/workshop/exchange during scholarship period - Our foundation will support students in attending conference where we see direct career benefits for the student. We will also make recommendations to students about events that will be beneficial to them.
- Opportunity to volunteer - The foundation offers scholarship recipients opportunities to grow their professional network and soft skills by providing volunteering opportunties with organisations such as the IEEE, Bosnia & Herzegovina Futures Foundation and other professional organisations
Applicants for the Bosnia & Herzegovina Futures Foundation Scholarship must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for the scholarship. Applicants must be truthful when filling out the relevant information. You will be asked to provide evidence if you are shortlisted for an interview.
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor or Masters degree (Any engineering, manufacturing, computer sciences or information technology or technology)
- Must be in 2nd year of your study and above (1st year students are not eligible)
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (full study load)
- Must not be receiving any other major scholarship or financial assistance
- Must demonstrate financial hardship (difficulty of financing university study & living)
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a grade average of 8 (10 being highest and 5 lowest in BiH Universities) and above throughout the year
- Volunteer a minimum of 100 hours throughout a 12 month period with BH Futures Foundation, IEEE and other professional bodies
- Adhere to the values of the BH Futures Foundation
Applicants will be selected upon academic merit, exemplary character, exceptional potential for leadership, and the sense of promise that they may one day make contributions of enduring importance to foundation, Bosnia & Herzegovina and the betterment of humanity. The goal of the selection process is to identify young people who demonstrate high academic achievement and leadership, as well as those with unusual aptitudes, uncommon talents and special gifts of creativity or entrepreneurial acumen. Students must be prepared to volunteer and help other upon receiving a scholarship.
APPLICATION FORM (Closed and in review process - 5 x scholarships will be presented at the formal dinner of the IEEE SYP congress (http://sypc2017.ieee.ba) on Saturday, December 2nd 2017)
Students can apply for scholarships using the forms below. We recommend that you document your long written answers in microsoft word and copy them into the application form below.
Scholarships Round 2 Applications Open
October 1st 2017
Scholarships Round 2 Application Close
November 1st 2017
Scholarships Round 2 Results Announced
November 14th 2017
Application for BHFutures Foundation Scholarship